Failing to cancel a ride is called a no-show and occurs when:
- you are not at the requested pick-up address; or
- you are at the pick-up address, but decide not to go once the bus arrives; or
- you are at the pick-up address, but don't board within five minutes of the time the bus arrives; or
- you can't be left alone and are not met by a caregiver at your destination. In this case, public safety personnel may be called to assume custody; or
- you don't cancel your ride at least an hour before your earliest pick-up time.
A missed trip is not considered a no-show when:
- you miss a trip due to a WTA-caused error or delay; or
- an emergency or sudden change in your health prevents you from calling to cancel
If you no-show on a day when you have booked more than one trip, we will not automatically cancel your later trips. Please cancel each trip you don't need to avoid receiving multiple no-shows on a single day.
If you no-show three times or more (depending on how often you ride) in one calendar month, you can be suspended from service for seven days. If you continue to no-show after the first suspension, the next suspension can last 14 days. Further no-show suspensions can last 30 days.
Riders can appeal a suspension before it takes effect. Call (360) 733-1144 for a copy of our suspension policy.