WTA seeks your comments on several proposed changes to our Fare Rates and Rules.
These are smaller revisions to what was reviewed and adopted in May. Here is a summary of the changes.
Changes we are proposing:
- Add Specialized Transportation (ADA Paratransit service) and Safety Net fares to this document. They were in a separate document.
- Keep Specialized and Safety Net cash fares unchanged at $1.
- New Paratransit calendar month and calendar quarter passes at the current price of Reduced fare (now called Select) passes, $13 and $35 respectively.
- Only cash fare ($1) will be accepted from Safety Net riders. Safety Net riders who have passes will not be able to use them for the Safety Net rides. This is to accommodate the lack of smart card readers on our minibuses and contracted taxi services.
There are also several corrections and text changes:
- Add Flex Route to match Fixed Route
- Rename County Connector Day Pass to Skagit-Whatcom Day Pass to reflect that it will not be usable on the Skagit 90X
- Remove reference to printed expiration dates on cards and tickets.
- Correct text to indicate that your is through age 18.
- Add note that there are no fares to/from Pt. Roberts (provided by Safety Net service)
- Two free fare days in support of Project Homeless Connect.
- Added fare free days for a week in August each year.
- Added vocational school to list of institutions for students.
Changes would go into effect no sooner than October 1 2014.
These changes are scheduled for a public hearing on September 18 2014 at 8:00 AM at the Council Chambers in the Whatcom County Courthouse, 311 Grand Ave, Bellingham WA.
If you are not able to attend the Public Hearing and would like to comment, send an e-mail to email@example.com or call the comment line at 715-4500. To mail written comment or for questions contact:
Rick Nicholson, Director of Service Development
4111 Bakerview Spur Rd., Bellingham, WA 98226
Comments must be received by 3 p.m. on Sept. 17th.
If you or someone you know needs special assistance or materials in an accessible format, please contact Kori Olsen at 715-4508 or 676-6843 (Voice or TTY), or by e mail at koriO@ridewta.com by Sept. 11th.