Bulk Discount Bus Pass Program
WTA’s Bulk Discount Bus Pass Program allows employers to offer quarterly bus passes for 25 to 75 percent off the regular price.
Who can participate?
Any company with 15 or more employees is eligible for the program. Companies with fewer than 15 employees can participate through approved membership organizations. Call for (360) 527.4718 for details.
How much is the discount?
Your discount depends on the size of your employee group, as well as the percentage of employees who participate. See chart below.
What are the Benefits to Employers?
Your employees will appreciate the savings and the support you demonstrate for commute trip alternatives
You’ll be recognized as a “WTA Business Partner.” As such, your business will be promoted on our website and bulk discount bus pass program materials
You can add “WTA Business Partner” to recruitment materials for prospective employees
You’ll relieve pressure on your parking infrastructure
WTA staff can work with you to design a promotional and educational program catered to your workplace.
How to Get Started:
1. Determine your discount based on number of employees and rate of participation (see chart below).
2. Designate a single point-of-contact at your company. This person will be responsible for receiving and distributing passes, paying invoices, etc.
3. Survey your employees. WTA will provide a brief pre- and post-survey to monitor the success of the program (required).
4. Sign a contract. Though the contract is annual, you may end your participation at the conclusion of any calendar quarter.
1. Discounts apply only to general public adult fare quarterly passes.
2. Passes are for employee use only (not transferable to friends or family members).
3. If you choose to sell passes to your employees (rather than purchase them and provide them for free), the sale price must not be greater than your cost.
4. Unused passes cannot be returned or refunded.
Bulk Discount Bus Pass Program Table
Thank you to our WTA Business Partners! WTA welcomes the City of Bellingham, Saturna Capital and Whatcom Community College as our newest Bulk Discount Pass Program participants.